MSHSL Rules and Guidelines
- Humorous Interpretation uses any published selection, either prose, poetry, or dramatic literature, with literary merit and appropriate to the reader. The cutting should amuse, give enjoyment, or create laughter.
- The student should be judged on ability to get and give meaning through the use of vocal and bodily expression.
- Poise, vocal and physical delivery, and appropriateness of the selection to the interpreter should be considered.
- A copy of the script must be filed with the Contest Manager before each contest. Updated copies of the script must be submitted at Subsection, Section, and State levels.
- The use of a script is optional, provided it is not used as a prop.
- THE MAXIMUM TIME OF PRESENTATION, INCLUDING THE REQUIRED INTRODUCTION, IS TEN (10) MINUTES. IF THE SPEAKER HAS BEEN WARNED THAT TIME HAS EXPIRED, THE SPEAKER MAY ONLY FINISH THE SENTENCE ALREADY BEGUN.