Secondary School Announcements
Sauk Centre Secondary School
Monday, January 24, 2022
Congratulations SNOW WEEK ROYALTY 2022
Senior Queen Candidates:
- Jada Deters
- Ella Froseth
- Emma Kittelson
- Malory Ranta
- Cristina Saez
- Lisa Weir
Senior King Candidates:
- Austin Bohne
- Andrew Boyer
- Zach Deters
- Jude Pitschka
- Jordan Ronning
- Wyatt Swedburg
Junior Attendants: Samantha Eekhoff & Florian Hinz
Sophomore Attendants: Kenzie Ritter & Rykin Engle
Freshmen Attendants: Sienna Klaphake & Hunter Dickinson
Snow Week is February 7-12th.
- Juniors: Reminder that ACT sign up deadline is Tuesday, January 25. To sign up please fill out google form in the email from Mrs. Linscheid. Please email Mrs. Linscheid with any questions.
- Weight Room: Will be open Friday morning 8:00-10:00. It WILL NOT be open on Monday, Jan 24.
- Blood Drive: Red Cross blood drive is Wed. Jan. 26. Anyone interested in being a blood donor, please sign up by this Wed. Students, sign up in the 9-12 office (If you are 16 or 17 as of Jan. 26, remember to take a parent permission form). Staff, please email Carol Klaphake. Because there is a national blood crisis, the American Red Cross is offering some big incentives! Anyone who donates blood before Jan. 31 will be entered to win the following prizes: a trip for two to the Super Bowl in LA (must be 18 years old) and a home theater package. Every NEW donor will receive a $10 e-gift card to a merchant of your choice.
- Attention all adult & teen readers! The Great River Regional Library is holding their Adult & Teen Winter Reading Program “Books Like Us” through February 28. Readers can log their winter reading at griver.beanstack.org or in the app. By downloading and using the app, readers can keep track of their reading, get book recommendations, and earn online badges to help make reading a habit. Also, readers will count minutes they spend reading, so any amount of daily reading will make participants eligible for online badges and prizes.Easily track your reading to earn incentives and stay motivated to read more! To enter prize drawings, participants may also fill out the reading coupons after completing reading, and return them to the SH Media Center. Reading coupons will be picked up weekly. Happy Reading!
Congratulations to the students featured in Spotlight on Students:
Chayse Hellmann-5th grade, Lexi Proell-6th grade, Brady Parish-7th grade, Hunter Haskamp-8th grade, Jamik Howard-9th grade, Samantha Sabrowsky-10th grade, Evan Wallin-11th grade, Cadence Kuperus-12th grade
Learn more about our students by going to the school website under Latest News/Spotlight on Students.
- Incentive Day Information: Incentive Day this year will be February 9th--more details will be coming during your Advisory class. To be eligible for the Incentive Day on February 9th, you must pass all 1st and 2nd quarter classes, serve all detentions that have been assigned, and not have any suspensions (ISS or OSS) for the 1st and 2nd quarters.