Return to Headlines
Secondary School Daily Announcements
Sauk Centre Secondary
Monday, November 20, 2017
- The 8th grade boy’s basketball team won Holdingford on Friday. 50-26
- The girls swim team finished 14th at the state meet this past weekend at the U of M. This is the highest finish ever for the team at the state meet. The Medley Relay finished 18th with a new school record, the 200 freestyle relay finished 17th, and the 400 free relay finished 8th. The 400 Free Relay team of Naomi Gregory, Jenna Kill, Riley Engle, and Kali Sayovitz also earned all state honors and set a new school record on Saturday. Kali Sayovitz finished 4th in the 200 yard freestyle and 7th in the 100 yard butterfly. Kayla Sayovitz finished 16th in both the 200 Individual Medley and the 100 Breaststroke. Naomi Gregory finished 11th in the 100 Backstroke. Congratulations on a great season.
- The volleyball banquet will be held on Monday, November 20th. Please get your forms into Geri in the AD's office today.
- There will be a UNITE meeting Tuesday morning at 8:05 in the 10-12 Conference Room.
- Some of you may have noticed a bulletin board called Student of the Week. Starting next week, we plan to randomly choose one student per grade to feature each week. The display will include your picture and some fun facts about what you like to do in your free time, favorite foods, etc. You are all worth celebrating and we look forward to featuring more of you!
- We will have advisory on Wednesday. Turkey Bingo!!! Bring White Board Markers to Advisory.
- Reminder: Welding I students will eat early lunch and Renewable Energy students will eat late lunch today.
- Attention seniors, applications are now being accepted for the Triple A award. Triple A stands for Academics, Arts, and Athletics. It is sponsored by the Minnesota State High School League. The award goes to high school seniors who have a “B” or better grade point average and who participate in League-sponsored athletic and fine arts activities. Sauk Centre will select a male and female winner. Applications are available online at the school website or can be picked up from Geri in the AD office. Deadline is December 22nd.
- The Sauk Centre SnoCleats is offering a Youth Snowmobile Safety Training Course. Call Chris Kerfeld @ 320.766.7223 for more information and registration.
- The weight room will be open Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings from 6:30 - 7:45 and also after school from 3:15 - 4:30.
- The gym will be open for everyone from 7:00 to 8:15am every morning.