Return to Headlines
Secondary School Daily Announcements
Sauk Centre Secondary
Tuesday, February 20, 2018
- The Sauk Centre Archery Team hosted 230 athletes from Alexandria, Brandon-Evansville, Melrose and Osakis on Saturday, and the Streeters did extremely well in the event. In team competition, all three divisions took first place. Individual honors include:
- High school boys division:
- 4th Place: Dominic Lieser
- 3rd Place: Matthias Rivers
- 1st Place: Tanner Marthaler with a score of 288 out of 300 possible points, setting a new school record!
- High school girls division:
- First place honors went to Alissa Christen with a score of 276 out of 300.
- The middle school girls made a phenomenal clean sweep of the top six places in their division, lead by Tabitha Jennings, Abby Meyer, Josie Anderson, Samantha Eekhoff and an outstanding first place performance by Abby Bigalk with a score of 286 out of 300.
- High school boys division:
The team’s next event will be in Alexandria on March 3rd.
- There will be a girl’s golf meeting in Mr. Riley's room on Tuesday, February 27 at 7:45 for any girl wanting to play golf in grades 7-12.
- Seniors: Reminder that the scholarship applications for Dollars for Scholars are due Friday, March 2nd. This is only 2 weeks away!
- Sauk Centre PTA needs volunteers for their Family Fun Day next Saturday, February 24th at the Senior High Gym. If interested, please sign up in either the 7-9 or 10-12 office.
- FFA Week (2/19-2/23):
- Tuesday- Favorite Teacher Day
- Wednesday - America Day
- Thursday - Camo & Blaze Orange Day
- Friday - Blue & Gold Day
- We will be collecting food shelf items during the week, so please help support your grade and bring in food shelf items.
- FFA Medallion is hidden within the school
- Clue 1: It’s not in a classroom.
- There is a bucket located in the 10-12 office to submit your answer for the Ag Question of the Day. Answers must be submitted by the end of period 4 each day.
- Why do fainting goats “faint” when startled?
- Our featured students of the week are:
- Grade 7: Ava Kerfeld
- Grade 8: Michael Obrzut
- Grade 9: Jayden Messer
- Grade 10: Brandon Herickhoff
- Grade 11; Anna Hoffman
- Grade 12: Brandon Ruegemer
- We will be on an Advisory schedule tomorrow, Wednesday, February 21 and also on Friday, February 23 for the Ag Olympics.
- In honor of February being National Library Lovers Month, the senior high media center is holding a contest to identify the "book in the jar." We've shredded the pages of a well-known book and want you to guess the title. The shredded pages of the book will be displayed in a clear container in the media center. Study the clues from the phrases, characters, words, and parts of drawings that you see. On Tuesday, February 27, all correct guesses will be put into a hat. Three names will be drawn to win a brand new book! Winners will be announced on Wednesday, February 28. Good luck to all!
- Attention seniors, this is a reminder to continue working on your dollars for scholars applications. All applications must be fully completed before March 2nd. There are detailed instructions on the school website. If you have any questions see Ms. Endersbe.
- Attention seniors, there are 2 scholarships available through the St. Cloud Chamber of Commerce; one of them is available only to students from Sauk Centre. Submit applications to Ms. Endersbe by March 9. Stop in the counseling office to pick up an application.
- Community Ed will be offering an ACT prep course March 18 from 1 to 5 open to 10-12 students. The cost is $45. Register online through Community-Ed. Only open to the first 30 students! See Ms. Endersbe if you have any questions.
- The weight room will be open Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings from 6:30 - 7:45 and also after school from 3:15 - 4:30.