Return to Headlines
Secondary School Daily Announcements
Sauk Centre Secondary
Tuesday, January 22, 2018
- The Speech Team competed at their first meet this Saturday in Alexandria. Abigail Olson placed 7th in Storytelling and 1st in Poetry. Makayla Timp and Mariah Ahrens placed 3rd in Duo. Sara Kampsen placed 3rd in Humor. Emily Primus placed 1st in Extemporaneous Reading. Well-done team! Their next meet will be Feb 9 in Swanville.
- Students taking an online course need to report to the media center during their online hour to see Ms. Endersbe.
- All chairs from Quarter 2, 8th grade Woods class need to be picked up ASAP.
- All OJT students need to come to class today. A final reminder to quarter 2 OJT students that there is a final timesheet that needs to be turned in before 4:00pm today.
- Reminder: If you have the following classes during period 3, please take note of your lunch period time:
- EL w/ Ms. Linscheid- early lunch
- Spanish I w/Mrs. Viere- late lunch
- Informational Meeting for the 2019 Miss Sauk Centre Pageant will be tomorrow morning at 7:30am. Miss Sauk Centre receives a $1,000 scholarship and each Miss Sauk Centre Princess receives a $500 Scholarship. Miss Sauk Centre is a great way to get involved in the community, meet new people, and gain new experiences.
- FCA in Mr. Bergman's room at 7:30 on Thursday.
- The student council invites you to sign up to donate blood at their annual Blood Drive on Wednesday, January 30th. Sign up sheets and permission forms are located in the 10-12 office. You must be at least 16 years old to donate; 16 and 17 year olds must have a signed parental consent form.
- Our featured students of the week:
- Grade 7: Tori Leitner
- Grade 8: Josie Anderson
- Grade 9: Tania Salgado
- Grade 10: Brooke Denny
- Grade 11: Leslie Juarez
- Grade 12: Brady Miller
- The weight room will be open next Monday from 8-10 am.
- Junior & Senior Girls: Stearns County American Dairy Association is looking for potential 2019 Dairy Princess Candidates. Please stop by the 10-12 office to pick up an application and to see the details on requirements. Deadline is Monday, February 11.
- The SH gym is open mornings starting at 7:30 for all to use.
- The weight room will be open Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings from 6:45 - 7:45.